You don’t deserve to feel overwhelmed, stressed out, and exhausted all the time.
But if you’re a high-achieving professional, sometimes it feels like you’re all alone.
Like there’s nobody you can reach out to for the kind of support you need.
You might feel helpless when:
- You sit down to work and find yourself immediately overwhelmed by the incredible amount of work you need to do because there’s always so much that needs to get done
- Your rare “free” time is spent ruminating about work-related challenges, rather than getting the self-care you know you need because you feel like you can never slow down
- You’re passionate about the work you do, but you often find yourself feeling burnt-out and despondent because you’re so busy that you’re just plain exhausted
TRUST ME, I KNOW HOW MISERABLE IT IS TO FEEL OVERWHELMED.
I’ve been there. When I started my first business, I thought I had all the skills I needed to succeed.
Sure, I loved the work I was doing.
But it didn’t take long before I was so exhausted, frustrated, and overwhelmed that I found myself struggling with burnout.
Looking back, it’s so obvious how I ended up burnt-out: I had no boundaries between my professional life and personal life. My organization systems weren’t nearly robust enough. My stress-management habits were abysmal (and my self-care was non-existent).
I WAS GREAT AT WORKING HARD…BUT NOT SO GREAT AT KNOWING WHAT I ACTUALLY NEEDED.
I know how terrifying it is to worry that you might not have the skills you need to achieve your goals.
But here’s the good news: you can thrive as a high-achieving professional AND enjoy your life (while still doing awesome work that changes the world).
All you need is a handful of unique skills and the support to implement them:
- Practical organization skills that empower distraction-free work and easy decision making
- Mindfulness and mindset skills that allow you to dismiss overwhelm and work with efficient focus
- Professional boundaries that enable you to set clear personal divisions between work life and non-work life
That’s why I started Travis Baird Coaching — to help high-achieving professionals, executives, business owners, freelancers, entrepreneurs, and other hard-working folks go from tired and stressed to energized and confident.
Early in my professional career, I was a perfectionist and workaholic.
As a conservatory-trained professional musician, I was driven and extremely hard-working…to the point that I earned a doctorate of musical arts degree (yup, I’m a music Dr.).
If I’m honest, my perfectionism and workaholic tendencies helped me in some ways: I was a fantastic student and I was really good at organizing my work.
But on the other hand, I lived an extremely high-stress lifestyle. Nothing I did could ever match the expectations that I held for myself.
Unsurprisingly, I burned out.
It was awful and it took a long time to recover. I had to do something, so I committed myself to figuring out what I was missing. And the biggest positive changes in my life occurred when I developed a mindfulness-based approach to daily life based on:
- excellent organization & eliminating overwhelm by simplifying everything
- true enjoyment of professional activities by consistently re-focusing on the joy of daily life
- learning to let go of stress, worry, and self-doubt through mindfulness and meditation
Those skills have served me in every area of my life since then: as a musician, as a coach, and as a business owner.
I promise that you can learn all the skills you need to overcome overwhelm, ease exhaustion, work with mindful efficiency, and enjoy your freedom.
It just takes one step in the right direction. Then one more.
Learn one new skill, then another, then another. Before long, you’ll have everything you need to live the life that you believe in.
Hi, I’m Travis…
- I love baking bread and drinking excellent coffee.
- I play viola.
- I have an identical twin. He’s a bassist. If you see me playing bass in LA, that’s not me. Or is it?
- I love cats. ^..^
- I really enjoy being in nature: trail running, bird watching, and taking leisurely hikes with my wife Megan.
I’m thrilled that you’re here.
If you’re ready to take one step in the right direction and live a life with a little less stress, grab my free ebook, “From Stressed Out to Chilled Out: Mindfulness in Daily Life.” Just enter your email address in the form below and I’ll send it your way!
From Stressed Out to Chilled Out
Get my free ebook on how to incorporate mindfulness into your daily life -- so you can sit down to work, free from overwhelm or distraction.
Working with Travis opened me up to a whole new way of thinking. Without his guidance, I don't think I would have ever realized the power that a simple mindfulness activity could bring to my life. His gentle support and encouragement allowed me to explore it in a way that opened me up to new possibilities not only in my own life but in the lives of the people I teach. I am eternally grateful to Travis for giving me the tools to embark on this path of greater joy and productivity.
Mary KellyDirector of Strings, Pasadena Conservatory of Music
Travis has that rare combination of wisdom and fantastic organization skills that make him a truly remarkable guide. In a few hours, I became clearer about my values and my goals than I had been for years. I count the time I’ve worked with him as one of the better investments I’ve made in my work life.
Martha CarapetyanAustin Symphony
Travis has a unique ability to generate a sense of possibility around him. He is a great listener and facilitator, and engages his audience because he genuinely cares about creating positive outcomes and growth for his clients. I admire his constant effort to create lasting resources for his clients, and to develop and refine his practice and class offerings to the highest level. I am very happy to recommend his work!
Daphne GerlingSenior Lecturer, University of North Texas College of Music
As Seen On: